- ALL entries must be decorated according to a winter/Christmas theme. The 2023 parade theme is “Country Christmas”
- NO participants on a float shall be dressed as Santa or Mrs. Claus. The KSF Committee secures these representatives for the event.
- If media crew approach you for an interview, please keep the floats moving in a slow manner. DO NOT STOP or perform maneuvers or routines that will slow down the parade.
- Children under 12 must be inside moving vehicles or floats and must be accompanied by an adult. Children over 12 can walk alongside the vehicle to pass out candy and favors.
- No political entries will be approved.
- Candy favors, cards, and coupons may be handed out along the parade route by participants walking next to the float but may not be thrown out of the vehicles. No handbills, please.
- NO FOR SALE signs are allowed on vehicles during the parade.
- A limit of two vehicles per entry, unless approved by the Snowflake Parade Committee. Your placement in the parade is determined by the Parade Committee.
- All animals must be followed by a cleanup crew provided by the entrant.
- The parade is videotaped, and announcements are made at the intersection 6th St. and Main St. Please DO NOT honk horns, blast sirens, etc. near this area, so as not to disrupt the announcers.
- This is a Drug Free, Alcohol Free, and Smoke free event according to law.
- Applications for entries received after October 1st, 2023, will be positioned near the end of the parade.
ATV Parade Entries
If your ATV is not street legal, please drop it off on Spring Street by 4:30 p.m.; park your trailer on 4th Street, between Walnut Ave. and Plum Ave. At the end of the Parade (at Timbermill Drive), you will be allowed to load your ATV, and exit the area by either Walnut or Plum. You will not be allowed to drive on the streets once you have reached the end of the parade.
Horseback Parade Entries
All horses and riders must be dropped off on Spring Street no later than 4:30 p.m. Horse trailers will be directed to Sidney Way, between 3rd and 4th Streets to park until disbandment.
This will allow horse owners to load their horses in an area away from other floats and vehicles. Please exit the downtown area via Walnut Avenue. Horses are not allowed to be ridden on the streets once they have exited the parade.
Children in Parade
Parents please arrange a Pick Up Location with your children before dropping them off at Spring St. Encourage them to stay in groups of TWO or more while walking to the agreed upon spot. The parade ends at Timbermill Dr however that area will be congested and there is no parking there.
Band busses will be allowed to drive down Main Street after the Snowflake Mile run prior to the parade. They will go to Veteran’s Park and wait for students to arrive. Band members will be staging near Cross Fit at 105 Spring Street prior to